1. a PROCEEDING, measure, or provision by which one prepares for something.
2. any proceeding, experience, or the like considered as a mode of preparing for the FUTURE.
3. an ACT of preparing.
4. the STATE of being prepared.
5. something prepared, MANUFACTURED, or compounded.
5. a SPECIMEN, as an animal body, prepared for scientific examination, dissection, etc.
The Scout Motto: BE PREPARED which means you are always in a state of readiness in mind and body to do your DUTY.
Specimens doing their duty. Natural History Museum, London. October 2012.